Monday 22 April 2013

Moneysupermarket Payment And Lunches

First of all, a big thank you to Sarah and Saving For Travel for becoming official followers.

Secondly, I am absolutely cock-a-hoop because I have been paid £30 by Moneysupermarket for my 30 Ways To Save £1 post.  I read the small print on their site yesterday, and it said they were going to pay for  the first 500 posts.  As I had left it several days, I was not hopeful.  However, I got the email this morning and the money os in my paypal account as I type.  The £30 is going towards a mortgage overpayment this month.  Indeed, that is the subject for another post and I intend to add a sidebar counter to encourage me.

Thirdly, I am going to answer a question put to me by gotthisfar.  

We bloggers are a funny bunch; this morning at 7:00 AM I found myself photographing my food for the day!

Packed lunches:

We have a microwave and toaster at school, as I imagine many places do.  Thus I usually take something that I can heat up.  It is quite rare that I take sandwiches. Aldi do a fine selection of chunky soups, and I go through phases of having them.  Another favorite is mackeral on toast.

Today I had jacket potato, with salad and lentil and carrot curry topping.










For my break at 11:00 AM I usually take some tomato juice.  I really enjoy this because it is very refreshing and fills me up.

Tesco Vale Tomato Juice

I also have some apple, which I core and segment.  That way it feels a bit posher, like the over-priced fruit bags you can buy!




Indeed I am quite a grazer, so I also take a small tub if mixed fruit, which I have posted about before. 

So, there we have it.  Quite frugal and healthy me thinks.

x








5 comments:

  1. So pleased you got paid the money!

    You are so organised for lunches at school. I need to follow your lead.

    Sft x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I second that Sft! Thank you so much for taking the time to show me - I had never thought of tomato juice and i am so going to try it! Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I take lunches as well. Depends what I have in as to what I take. Often I take leftovers and reheat these. This week I have been using up some houmous in sandwiches. I take fruit for snack, usually a banana as noted by the yr ones I teach on Thursdays. It always amazes me the things they take in lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Frugalista Llizy - I returned the favour and showed what I had for lunch yesterday
    http://wp.me/p2kKGX-q6.
    Unfortunately there won't be any packed lunch for me today as I'm feeling poorly and am not going into work :(

    ReplyDelete